I have two wonderful daughters. Erin and I have already been praying for their future husbands for years, and the girls are only 2 and 4 years old!
I like these questions below. But I think I would add one about his commitment to Christ.
A young man asked a girl’s father for his daughter’s hand in marriage. I know the father and the questions he asked the young man come as no surprise to me.
1. Have you prayed about this? What has God said? How do you know?
2. Of all the girls in the world, why our daughter?
3. Tell us what love means to you.
4. What does it mean to you to be a godly husband? What does it mean to be a godly father?
5. What does it mean to you to serve your wife? To sacrifice for her?