Chapters in Books
Conversion, (in the) The Oxford Handbook of Christian Fundamentalism, edited by Andrew Atherstone and David Ceri Jones. Oxford: Oxford University Press (Forthcoming, 2023).
The Vector of Salvation: The New Birth as (only) the Beginning of Conversion for Wesley and Whitefield in ‘Wesley vs. Whitefield’, edited by Ian J. Maddock. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Wipf & Stock, 2018.
Academic Papers and Presentations
- The Four Spiritual Laws and their Place in the Trajectory of Evangelical Soteriology. Journal of Biblical and Theological Studies (Forthcoming, 2022)
- Remembering Whitefield and the New Birth as it Relates to Baptism
- I was invited to present this paper at the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- ‘The Fundamentals’ and the Liberal Evangelical Doctrine of Conversion
- This paper was delivered at the 2019 Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in San Diego, California.
- Christ is the Only Incarnation: Appropriate use of Incarnation Language
- This paper was delivered at the April 2018 Regional Evangelical Theological Society meeting at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona.
- The Vector of Salvation: The New Birth as Only the Beginning of Conversion
- I was invited to present this paper at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in Providence, Rhode Island for a discussion of a forthcoming book on Wesley and Whitefield.
- The Conversion Theology of John Wesley and George Whitefield
- I was invited by Liverpool Hope University and the University of Manchester to deliver this paper and sit on a panel for the November 2016 AAR meeting in Houston, Texas upon the release of 151 conversion testimony letters being released by the John Rylands Library.
- Theosis in the 18th Century Revivals: Wesley and Whitefield Rallying for the Redemption of Human Nature
- This paper was presented at the April 2016 Society for the Study of Theology Conference and the University of Durham.
- Distinguishing between conversion and the new birth in the theology of John Wesley
- This paper was delivered at the March 2016 Annual Meeting of the Wesleyan Theological Society at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, California.
- The Evangelical Church Eroded: The Theology of Conversion in Whitefield and Wesley
- This paper was presented at the April 2015 Society for the Study of Theology Conference and the University of Nottingham.
- Evangelical conversion reconsidered: Immortality in the theology of John Wesley
- This paper was delivered in April 2015 Eternal God, Eternal Life: Theological Explorations into the Concept of Immortality conference held at Kings College, University of Aberdeen and sponsored by the Templeton Foundation.
- The Search for the Gospel: 1 Corinthians 15 as the Foundation of the New Testament Kerygma and Creed of Nicaea
- This dissertation was created under the supervision of Steve Holmes at the University of Saint Andrews in Sept 2013 and received distinction, the highest mark available.
- Noll, Mark. America’s Book (Christianity Today, Forthcoming)
- Various. Judge for the Christianity Today 2021 theology book of the year.
- Neder, Adam. Theology as a Way of Life: On Teaching and Learning the Christian Faith. Baker Academic, 2019.; Journal of Biblical and Theological Studies
- Greggs, Tom. The Breadth of Salvation Rediscovering the Fullness of God’s Saving Work. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2020.; Wesleyan Theological Journal
- “Proverbs in Conflict.” Bible Study Magazine, June 2021.
- “Don’t Overwork the Batter: traditional pedagogy and theological lecture preparation (‘Currents’ Column).” Didaktikos Journal,November 2019.
- “Confronting My Impostor Syndrome (‘Adventures in Adjuncting’ Column).” Didaktikos Journal, April 2019.